For today’s post, I’m sharing a few things I tried that drastically improved my week! These are all things that I did in order to improve my mental health/state. I didn’t try them with the intention of putting them into a post, but because they made such a big impact I decided to share them! Enjoy!
1) Getting to bed earlier
– Honestly, I’ve always considered myself to be a “night owl”, but while I still think that’s true, I’ve realized that it’s not an excuse to deprive myself of sleep. My body cannot function without getting enough sleep. This makes such a drastic difference for your mental state! Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier! It’s important!
2) Turning off social media notifications
– I had absolutely no idea how much this could affect me!!Seriously. I saved so much time & stress by doing this. I definitely encourage anyone who feels overwhelmed by social media to try this! (It doesn’t even have to be all your social media, for me it was just Instagram!)
3) Listening to audio books/ted talks in the mornings
– Reading has always been calming for me, but lately it’s been hard to find time to sit down and focus
– Listening to books is such a great alternative! There’s a ton of different apps for listening to books but Audible is the one I use. Here’s the link for audible: https://mobile.audible.com/?s_ref=%2F
– Ted talks are short motivational or educational talks about thousands of different topics. They’re all so interesting and most are only 5-10 min long! You can download the Ted Talk app & start listening whenever! Here’s the link to the website: https://www.ted.com/talks
– Listening to books/ted talks in the morning is great because you get to start your day with positivity & learning! It’s also great to listen to devotionals/Bible reading when you’ve missed your devotions!
Hope these tips give you a couple ideas of how to make your week a little less stressful!! xx, miriam